Wacky campaign ads were and are among our favorite topics, and so here is our list of the Top 10 Wackiest campaign ads this year.
10. Surfing Rabbi – New York Special Election – 23rd Congressional
Admit it, you want the Surfing Rabbi in your campaign video.
9. Dianne Blais for Virginia Delegate
Did someone say this campaign needs a theme song with piano accompaniment? No? Well, here’s one anyways.
8. Warren Michigan Political Ad (re: Jim Fouts for Mayor)
We did three interesting posts about the campaign of Warren, Michigan Mayor Jim Fouts (here, here & here), so even though this isn’t “officially” a campaign ad, it still deserved inclusion in this list.
7. Citizens for a Strong America ad (Wisconsin recall)
Sometimes “wacky” can be subtle, like when you hire a Morgan Freeman impersonator to narrate your ad.
6. “Demon Frisbee” commercial (Fred Karger for President)
Okay, we bit on the send up of 2010′s “Demon Sheep” ad, but isn’t the last part of the campaign ad kind of weirder than the first?
5. “Sleeping City Council” – Michael Untermeyer for Philadelphia City Council
The wackiest part comes at around 0:25 seconds in.
4. “Stick Together” – Dan Adler for Congress (36th-CA Special Election)
Is “What’s a Mensch?” possibly THE campaign slogan of 2011? We think so.
3. “Ed Lee is 2 Legit 2 Quit” – Ed Lee for San Francisco Mayor
Not the wackiest, but definitely the most effective in getting their candidate to win.
2. Herman Cain “smoking” video.
The ad is actually entitled “Now is the time for action!”, but will anybody not think of this video when smoking and political campaigns are mentioned? (unfortunately, embedding is disabled for this video)
1. “Give us your cash, B–ch!” – 36th-CA Congressional Special Election
About the Author Walksheet is a blog dedicated to local campaigning. We hope to be your guide through the political campaign process, and even more so, before you begin the political campaign process! Email us at email@example.com! Read more from this author